13 17

Cited 0 times in

양측성 유방암 : 방사선학 소견 및 임상 소견

Other Titles
 Bilateral Breast Cancer: Mammographic and Clinical Findings 
Authors
 김은경  ;  오기근  ;  황윤준  ;  이병찬  ;  이경식  ;  이용희 
Citation
 Journal of the Korean Radiologist Society (대한방사선의학회지), Vol.36(6) : 1075-1079, 1997 
Journal Title
 Journal of the Korean Radiologist Society (대한방사선의학회지) 
ISSN
 0301-2867 
Issue Date
1997
Abstract
PURPOSE: To evaluate the mammographic and clinical features of bilateral breast cancer. MATERIALS AND METHODS: We retrospectively reviewed clinical records (n=23) and mammograms (n=15) of 23 patients with bilateral breast cancer. Patients' age, location of the tumor and pathologic staging were determined from clinical records. Mammographic features were classified as spiculated mass, nonspiculated mass, mass with microcalcification, microcalcification only, asymmetric density, and normal. RESULTS: Of the 23 cases of bilateral breast cancer, 8 (34.8%) were synchronous and 15 (65.2%) were metachronous. Age at diagnosis of cancer in the first breast was between 27 and 59 (mean 43) years; there was no statistically significant difference in mean age between patients with synchronous and metachronous cancer. The mean interval between the diagnosis of each lesion of themetachronous pairs was 9.1 years. In 11 of 23 cases (48%), tumors were located in the same quadrant, and in the other 12 cases (52%), they were in different quadrant. At mammography, five of 15 metachronous cancers (33%) were similar in appearance and 10 pairs (67%) were different. In 4 of 23 cases (17%), cancer in the first breast was at stage 0 and stage 1, and in 13 of 23 (57%), cancer in the second breast was at this same stage. CONCLUSION: In bilateral breast cancer, the two breasts frequently show different mammographic features. Cancer of the second breast was at an early stage; this suggest that regular examination and mammography are important and can allow early detection of contralateral breast cancer.
Files in This Item:
T199701912.pdf Download
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Radiology (영상의학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kim, Eun-Kyung(김은경) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3368-5013
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/177601
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links