260 386

Cited 0 times in

임플란트 환자의 분포 및 식립부 유형

Other Titles
 The Distribution of Implant Patients and the Type of Implant Site 
Authors
 박지은  ;  윤정호  ;  최성호  ;  김종관  ;  채중규  ;  조규성  ;  김창성  ;  정의원 
Citation
 Journal of Korean Academy of Periodontology, Vol.34(4) : 819-836, 2004 
Journal Title
 Journal of Korean Academy of Periodontology (대한치주과학회지) 
ISSN
 0250-3352 
Issue Date
2004
Keywords
Implant ; Patient type ; Implant distribution ; Cause of tooth loss ; Bone quality ; Bone quantity
Abstract
Nowdays, the awareness of implant treatment has grown rapidly among dentists and patients alike in Korea, as it becomes a widely accepted treatment. The reason is that unlike crown and bridge or denture treatment, implant treatment helps preserve existing bone and improve masticatory functions. So, It is needed understanding about the type, distribution of implant patient. The following results on patient type and implant distribution were compiled from 4433 implant cases of 1596 patients treated at the periodontal dept. of Y University Hospital during 1992 to 2004. 1. There are no dissimilarities between men and women, with patients in their 40, 50s accounting for 52.5% of patients and 57.5% of implant treatments; the largest share of patients and implant treatments. 2. Mn. posterior area accounted for 54.9% of implant treatments followed by Mx. posterior area(27.6%), Mx anterior area(11.9%) and Mn anterior area(5.6%). 3. Partial edentulous patients treated by single crown and bridge-type prosthesis accounted for 97.5% and fully edentulous patient accounted for the remaining 2.5%. 4. The major cause of tooth loss is periodontal disease, followed by dental caries, trauma and congenital missing. Also, older people are more likely to suffer from tooth loss due to periodontal disease rather than dental caries. 5. In the distribution of bone quality for maxillae, type III was most, followed by type II, r type IV and r type I. As for mandible, type II was most, followed by type III, type IV and for type I. 6. In the distribution of bone quantity for maxillae, type C was most, followed by type B, type D, type A, and for type E. As for mandible, type B was 52% most, followed by type C, type D, type A and type E. 7. The majority of implants were those of 1O-14mm in length (85.2%) and regular diameter in width (64%). The results provided us with basic data on patient type, implant distribution, bone condition, etc. We wish that our results coupled with other research data helps assist in the further study for better implant success/survival rates, etc.
Files in This Item:
T200401475.pdf Download
Appears in Collections:
2. College of Dentistry (치과대학) > Dept. of Periodontics (치주과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kim, Chong Kwan(김종관)
Yun, Jeong Ho(윤정호)
Jung, Ui Won(정의원) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6371-4172
Chai, Jung Kyu(채중규)
Choi, Seong Ho(최성호) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6704-6124
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/112608
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse