1 217

Cited 13 times in

Newly developed hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in chronic liver disease: MR imaging findings before the diagnosis of HCC

Authors
 Jeong-Sik Yu  ;  Eun-Suk Cho  ;  Ki-Hong Kim  ;  Woo-Suk Chung  ;  Mi-Suk Park  ;  Ki Whang Kim 
Citation
 JOURNAL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION IN NURSING, Vol.30(5) : 765-771, 2006 
Journal Title
 JOURNAL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION IN NURSING 
ISSN
 0022-0124 
Issue Date
2006
MeSH
Adult ; Aged ; Angiography, Digital Subtraction/methods ; Carcinoma, Hepatocellular/diagnosis* ; Carcinoma, Hepatocellular/pathology ; Contrast Media/administration & dosage ; Disease Progression ; Female ; Follow-Up Studies ; Gadolinium DTPA ; Humans ; Image Enhancement/methods ; Liver/diagnostic imaging* ; Liver/pathology ; Liver Diseases/diagnosis* ; Liver Diseases/pathology ; Liver Neoplasms/diagnosis* ; Liver Neoplasms/pathology ; Magnetic Resonance Imaging/methods* ; Male ; Middle Aged ; Observer Variation ; Precancerous Conditions/diagnosis* ; Precancerous Conditions/pathology ; Retrospective Studies ; Tomography, X-Ray Computed/methods
Keywords
liver ; liver cirrhosis ; liver nodules ; liver neoplasms ; liver neoplasms CT ; liver neoplasms MR
Abstract
PURPOSE: The purpose of this work was to describe the initial magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings obtained before an imaging diagnosis of overt hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in the chronically damaged liver. METHODS: One hundred fifty-two newly diagnosed HCCs diagnosed by dynamic computed tomography (n = 111) or by MR imaging (n = 41), in addition to digital subtraction hepatic arteriography, in 96 patients were subjected to analysis of their MR imaging features within the previous 2 years. RESULTS: Ninety-seven (64%) HCC cases showed no focal lesions distinguishable from background hepatic parenchyma in MR images taken before the indication of typical HCC. The remaining 55 (36%) lesions were readily identified in earlier images and were categorized into 3 groups: nonhypervascular lesions (category I, n = 6), lesions with partially hypervascular foci of "nodule-within-nodule" appearance (category II, n = 12), and homogeneously hypervascular and/or T2-weighted hyperintense lesions (category III, n = 37). The size and doubling time of category III lesions (0.7 cm, 154 days) were smaller and shorter than those of the other lesions (1.2 cm, 377 days). CONCLUSIONS: Before the imaging diagnosis of HCCs, the premalignant or early malignant lesions can be found on the prior MR images just in the minority of the lesions in the cirrhotic liver.
Full Text
http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&CSC=Y&NEWS=N&PAGE=fulltext&AN=00004728-200609000-00010&LSLINK=80&D=ovft
DOI
10.1097/01.rct.0000228158.78473.78
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Radiology (영상의학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kim, Ki Whang(김기황)
Park, Mi-Suk(박미숙) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5817-2444
Yu, Jeong Sik(유정식) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8171-5838
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/109302
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links