41 100

Cited 0 times in

Risk factors for unplanned reoperation after corrective surgery for adult spinal deformity

Authors
 Seung-Jun Ryu  ;  Jae-Young So  ;  Yoon Ha  ;  Sung-Uk Kuh  ;  Dong-Kyu Chin  ;  Keun-Su Kim  ;  Yong-Eun Cho  ;  Kyung-Hyun Kim 
Citation
 BONE & JOINT RESEARCH, Vol.12(4) : 245-255, 2023-04 
Journal Title
BONE & JOINT RESEARCH
Issue Date
2023-04
Abstract
To determine the major risk factors for unplanned reoperations (UROs) following corrective surgery for adult spinal deformity (ASD) and their interactions, using machine learning-based prediction algorithms and game theory. Patients who underwent surgery for ASD, with a minimum of two-year follow-up, were retrospectively reviewed. In total, 210 patients were included and randomly allocated into training (70% of the sample size) and test (the remaining 30%) sets to develop the machine learning algorithm. Risk factors were included in the analysis, along with clinical characteristics and parameters acquired through diagnostic radiology. Overall, 152 patients without and 58 with a history of surgical revision following surgery for ASD were observed; the mean age was 68.9 years (SD 8.7) and 66.9 years (SD 6.6), respectively. On implementing a random forest model, the classification of URO events resulted in a balanced accuracy of 86.8%. Among machine learning-extracted risk factors, URO, proximal junction failure (PJF), and postoperative distance from the posterosuperior corner of C7 and the vertical axis from the centroid of C2 (SVA) were significant upon Kaplan-Meier survival analysis. The major risk factors for URO following surgery for ASD, i.e. postoperative SVA and PJF, and their interactions were identified using a machine learning algorithm and game theory. Clinical benefits will depend on patient risk profiles.
Files in This Item:
T202307313.pdf Download
DOI
10.1302/2046-3758.124.BJR-2022-0121.R1
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Neurosurgery (신경외과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kuh, Sung Uk(구성욱) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2566-3209
Kim, Kyung Hyun(김경현)
Kim, Keun Su(김근수) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-3384-5638
Cho, Yong Eun(조용은) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9815-2720
Chin, Dong Kyu(진동규) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9835-9294
Ha, Yoon(하윤)
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/197248
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links