11 18

Cited 0 times in

유방암에서 유세포분석의 의의

Other Titles
 The Significance of DNA Flow-cytometry in Breast Cancer 
Authors
 구자윤  ;  이희대  ;  정우희 
Citation
 Journal of the Korean Cancer Association (대한암학회지), Vol.29(5) : 738-747, 1997 
Journal Title
 Journal of the Korean Cancer Association (대한암학회지) 
ISSN
 0496-6872 
Issue Date
1997
Keywords
DNA flow-cytometry ; S-phase fraction ; DNA index ; Breast cancer
Abstract
PURPOSE: To evaluate the relationship between nuclear DNA contents and prognostic factors and survival in breast cancer patients. MATERIALS AND METHODS: We determined nuclear DNA content from 91 paraffin-embedded malignant breast tumors and evaluated relationship between DNA nuclear content and well-known prognostic indicators of breast cancer and the survival of the patients by statistical analyses. RESULTS: Twenty nine (34.5%) of the 91 tumors examined were diploid, and the remainder (65.5%) contained one or more aneuploid clones. S-phase fraction (SPF) ranged from 1.4 to 68.3% (median 11.2%) and it was higher in aneuploidy tumors than in diploid tumors (p<0.05). Positive axillary lymph nodes were found in 72.7% of the patients who had a tumor with a high SPF (above the median 11.2%) and in 27.3% of those with tumor with low SPF (below median) (p<0.05). The overall survival rate was 96.1% in DNA diploid and 87.6% in DNA aneuploid tumors, showing that DNA ploidy had no prognostic significance in breast cancers. The actuarial survival rates were 96.4% and 86.3% for low and high SPF, respectively (p=0.28). The patients with high SPF showed high disease free survival rate compared to the patients with low SPF but the difference had no statistical significance. CONCLUSION: Our results indicate DNA aneuploid tumors were more prevalent in breast cancer patients with high SPF or lymph node metastasis and larger patient accumulation with longer follow-up period will be helpful to identifiy the relationship between flow- cytometrical analysis and prognosis.
Files in This Item:
T199702099.pdf Download
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Pathology (병리학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Jung, Woo Hee(정우희)
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/177777
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links