115 152

Cited 2 times in

Ovarian Clear Cell Carcinoma Sub-Typing by ARID1A Expression

Authors
 Jae Yoon Choi  ;  Hyun Ho Han  ;  Young Tae Kim  ;  Joo Hyun Lee  ;  Baek Gil Kim  ;  Suki Kang  ;  Nam Hoon Cho 
Citation
 Yonsei Medical Journal, Vol.58(1) : 59-66, 2017 
Journal Title
 Yonsei Medical Journal 
ISSN
 0513-5796 
Issue Date
2017
MeSH
Adenocarcinoma, Clear Cell/metabolism* ; Adenocarcinoma, Clear Cell/mortality ; Adenocarcinoma, Clear Cell/pathology ; Adult ; Aged ; Biomarkers, Tumor/metabolism ; Cadherins/metabolism ; Estrogen Receptor beta/metabolism ; Female ; Humans ; Immunohistochemistry ; Middle Aged ; Mutation ; Neoplasm Proteins/metabolism* ; Nuclear Proteins/metabolism* ; Ovarian Neoplasms/metabolism* ; Ovarian Neoplasms/mortality ; Ovarian Neoplasms/pathology ; Transcription Factors/metabolism*
Keywords
AT rich interactive domain 1A (SWI- like), human ; Adenocarcinoma, clear cell ; endometriosis ; estrogen receptor 2 (ER beta), human ; ovarian neoplasms ; prognosis
Abstract
PURPOSE: Loss of AT-rich DNA-interacting domain 1A (ARID1A) has been identified as a driving mutation of ovarian clear cell carcinoma (O-CCC), a triple-negative ovarian cancer that is intermediary between serous and endometrioid subtypes, in regards to molecular and clinical behaviors. However, about half of O-CCCs still express BAF250a, the protein encoded by ARID1A. Herein, we aimed to identify signatures of ARID1A-positive O-CCC in comparison with its ARID1A-negative counterpart. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Seventy cases of O-CCC were included in this study. Histologic grades and patterns of primary tumor, molecular marker immunohistochemistry profiles, and clinical outcomes were analyzed. RESULTS: Forty-eight (69%) O-CCCs did not express BAF250a, which were designated as "ARID1A-negative." The other 22 (31%) O-CCCs were designated as "ARID1A-positive." ARID1A-positive tumors were more likely to be histologically of high grades (41% vs. 10%, p=0.003), ERβ-positive (45% vs. 17%, p=0.011), and less likely to be HNF1β-positive (77% vs. 96%, p=0.016) and E-cadherin-positive (59% vs. 83%, p=0.028) than ARID1A-negative tumors. Patient age, parity, tumor stage were not significantly different in between the two groups. Cancer-specific survival was not significantly different either. CONCLUSION: We classified O-CCCs according to ARID1A expression status. ARID1A-positive O-CCCs exhibited distinct immunohistochemical features from ARID1A-negative tumors, suggesting a different underlying molecular event during carcinogenesis.
Files in This Item:
T201700246.pdf Download
DOI
10.3349/ymj.2017.58.1.59
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > BioMedical Science Institute (의생명과학부) > 1. Journal Papers
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Pathology (병리학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Obstetrics and Gynecology (산부인과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
강숙희(Kang, Suki) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9957-3479
김백길(Kim, Baek Gil) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6270-1433
김영태(Kim, Young Tae) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7347-1052
조남훈(Cho, Nam Hoon) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0045-6441
한현호(Han, Hyun Ho) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-6268-0860
Export
RIS (EndNote)
XLS (Excel)
XML
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/153460
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse