1 335

Cited 30 times in

Solitary lymph node metastasis in gastric cancer.

Authors
 Chen Li  ;  Sungsoo Kim  ;  Ji Fu Lai  ;  Sung Jin Oh  ;  Woo Jin Hyung  ;  Won Hyuk Choi  ;  Seung Ho Choi  ;  Sung Hoon Noh 
Citation
 JOURNAL OF GASTROINTESTINAL SURGERY, Vol.12(3) : 550-554, 2008 
Journal Title
JOURNAL OF GASTROINTESTINAL SURGERY
ISSN
 1091-255X 
Issue Date
2008
Keywords
Solitary lymph node metastasis ; Gastric cancer ; Sentinel node
Abstract
The feasibility and diagnostic reliability of sentinel node (SN) biopsy for gastric cancer are still controversial. We studied the clinicopathological features and localization of solitary lymph node metastasis (SLM) in gastric cancer to provide useful information for use of the SN concept in gastric cancer. From 2000 to 2004, 3,267 patients with gastric cancer underwent D2 radical gastrectomy. The clinicopathological features of 195 patients with histologically proven SLM and the distribution of metastasized nodes were assessed. The incidence of SLM was 6.0% in all cases. Compared with the node-negative patients, significant differences were observed in age, tumor size, depth of invasion, and surgical type. The cumulative 5-year survival rate of patients with SLM was 80.5%, which was significantly lower than 90.2% for node-negative patients (P<0.001). Of patients with SLM, 82.6% had it in the perigastric node area (N1), and the other 17.4% patients had skip metastasis in the N2-N3 nodes. Perigastric nodes were the most common first sites of drainage from the tumor, making them the main targets of the operative SN mapping procedure. Due to the higher than expected incidence of skip metastasis in gastric cancer, D2 lymphadenectomy should be performed until the reliability of SN navigation surgery is validated in multicenter prospective clinical trials.
Full Text
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11605-007-0285-x
DOI
10.1007/s11605-007-0285-x
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Surgery (외과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kim, Sung Soo(김성수)
Noh, Sung Hoon(노성훈) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4386-6886
Oh, Sung Jin(오성진)
Choi, Seung Ho(최승호) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9872-3594
Choi, Won Hyuk(최원혁)
Hyung, Woo Jin(형우진) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8593-9214
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/108247
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links