137 231

Cited 0 times in

Anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies and joint involvement in Behçet's disease

 Sung Bin Cho  ;  Ju Hee Lee  ;  Keun Jae Ahn  ;  Byung Gi Bae  ;  Taegyun Kim  ;  Yong-Beom Park  ;  Soo-Kon Lee  ;  Kwang Hoon Lee  ;  Dongsik Bang 
 YONSEI MEDICAL JOURNAL, Vol.53(4) : 759-764, 2012 
Journal Title
Issue Date
Adolescent ; Adult ; Aged ; Antibodies/blood* ; Arthritis, Rheumatoid/blood ; Arthritis, Rheumatoid/immunology ; Behcet Syndrome/blood* ; Behcet Syndrome/immunology ; Child ; Female ; Humans ; Lupus Erythematosus, Systemic/blood ; Lupus Erythematosus, Systemic/immunology ; Male ; Middle Aged ; Peptides, Cyclic/immunology* ; Young Adult
Behçet's disease ; joint involvement ; anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody ; rheumatoid factor ; systemic lupus erythematosus ; rheumatoid arthritis
PURPOSE: We aimed to determine the prevalence of anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) antibodies in a large group of Korean patients with Behçet's disease (BD), with and without joint involvement, and to compare these findings with the prevalences of anti-CCP antibodies in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). MATERIALS AND METHODS: We tested 189 patients with BD, 105 with RA, and 36 with SLE for anti-CCP antibodies and IgM rheumatoid factor in serum. We reviewed the medical records of patients with BD to investigate their personal and clinical characteristics as well as their laboratory test results. RESULTS: Anti-CCP antibodies were detected in seven of the 189 BD patients (3.7%), at a mean titer of 30.6±44.4 U/mL, in 86 of the 105 RA patients (81.9%) with a mean titer of 198.8±205.7 U/mL, and in nine of the 36 SLE patients (25%) with a mean titer of 180.4±113.9 U/mL. One of the seven anti-CCP-positive BD patients fulfilled the diagnostic criteria for both BD and RA. Five of the seven anti-CCP-positive BD patients (71.4%) had polyarticular joint involvement, and the other two patients (28.6%) had oligoarticular involvement. CONCLUSION: We determined the prevalence of anti-CCP antibodies in a large group of Korean BD patients with and without joint involvement. Negative anti-CCP test in patients with BD may help to differentiate BD from RA and SLE, all of which present with similar clinical features.
Files in This Item:
T201203960.pdf Download
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Park, Yong Beom(박용범)
Bang, Dong Sik(방동식)
Lee, Kwang Hoon(이광훈)
Lee, Soo Kon(이수곤)
Lee, Ju Hee(이주희) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1739-5956
Cho, Sung Bin(조성빈)
사서에게 알리기


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.