102 334

Cited 0 times in

하기도 감염 치료에 있어서 Loracarbef(LY163892)의 효과에 대한 임상 연구

Other Titles
 Clinical Study for the Effect of Loracarbef(LY163892) in the Treatment of Lower Respiratory Tract Infections 
Authors
 김세규  ;  이홍렬  ;  장준  ;  김성규  ;  이원영 
Citation
 Journal of the Korean Society for Chemotherapy (대한화학요법학회지), Vol.13(1) : 91-98, 1995-06 
Journal Title
Journal of the Korean Society for Chemotherapy(대한화학요법학회지)
ISSN
 1225-7850 
Issue Date
1995-06
Abstract
The treatment of lower respiratory tract infections requires an agent with activity against a wide range of bacterial pathogens, including pathogens that produce β-lactamase. Loracarbef, a member of the carbacephem class of antibiotics resistant to β-lactamase, was tested in a series of clinical trials for its efficacy and safety in the treatment of lower respiratory tract infections including bacterial pneumonia.
We gave loracarbef, a member of the carbacephem class of antibiotics and cefaclor over a 2-week observation period to 60 patients with lower respiratory tract infections during the period from March 1994 to August 1994 in Severance hospital, Seou, Korea. In this study, 60 patients (35 men, 25 women) were randomly assigned to receive 200mg of loracarbef twice daily or 250mg of cefaclor thrice daily in patients with acute bronchitis and acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis and to receive 400mg of loracarbef twice daily or 500mg of cefaclor thrice daily in patients with bacterial pneumonia for fourteen days.
The results of our study were as follows:
Significant improvement in symptoms such as cough, expectoration, dyspnea, tachypnea, chest pain, chills and abnormal physical signs on auscultation was noted. Clinical response was assessed in 30 loracarbef-treated and 30 cefaclor-treated patients. Among these evaluable patients, a clinical cure was found in 50% of the loracarbef-treated patients and in 46.7% of the cefaclor-treated patients and improvement in 46.7% and 46.7%, respectively. The overall clinical response to loracarbef and cefaclor was 96.75 and 93.4%, respectively. Loracarbef was well tolerated and side effects was negligible.
It is concluded that loracarbef is safe and effective in the treatment of lower respiratory tract infections.
Files in This Item:
T199502042.pdf Download
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kim, Sung Kyu(김성규)
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/186611
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links