0 13

Cited 0 times in

지속성 외래 복막투석 환자에서 혈청 알부민 농도에 영향을 미치는 인자

Other Titles
 Factors Affecting Serum Albumin Level in Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis Patients 
Authors
 마경애  ;  강신욱  ;  최규헌  ;  이호영  ;  한대석  ;  조은영  ;  이종호  ;  이승우 
Citation
 Korean Journal of Medicine (대한내과학회지), Vol.54(2) : 201-209, 1998 
Journal Title
 Korean Journal of Medicine (대한내과학회지) 
ISSN
 1226-329X 
Issue Date
1998
Abstract
Objectives: Protein-calorie malnutrition is a common problem in patients undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD), Serum albumin(SA) concentration has been used as a marker for assessing nutritional status. Hypoalbuminemia has been linked to an increased risk of morbidity and mortality and more numerous, prolonged hospitalization for peritoneal dialysis patients. The aim of this study was to determine factors affecting SA value in CAPD patients. Methods: We performed a cross-sectional study which included patients` demographics, anthropometric data, biochemical parameters, urea kinetic data and comorbidity in 106 stable CAPD patients. Results: 1) There were 50 men and 56 women with a mean CAPD duration of 43 months and mean age of 49 years. The mean concentration of SA was 3.9±0.5 (range 2.5-5.3) g/dl and weekly Kt/Vurea 2.0±0.4 (range 1.32-3.79) 2) Twenty-one patients(20%) were classified as group I(SA<3.5g/dl)and the remaining patients(80%) as group II(SA≥3.5g/dl) 3) Group I patients were significantly older(55±11 vs 47±11 years, p<0.05%) and had significantly higher comorbidity score(1.5±0.8 vs 0.7±0.9, p<0.05), C-reactive protein (4.5±0.9 vs 0.5±0.1 mg/dl, p<0.05%), 24-hr dialysate-to-plasma creatinine(D/PCr) ratio(0.84±0.1 vs 0.76±0.1, p<0.05), 24-hr dialysate protein (7167±2031 vs 5471±1515 mg, p<0.05) and had significantly lower residual renal function(RRF)(0.2±03 vs 0.7±1.2 ml/min, p<0.05), BUN(48±14.8 vs 55.6±14.9 mg/dl, p<0.05), serum creatinine(10.4±2.8 vs 12.6±3.5 mg/dl, p<0.05), IGF-1(186±99 vs 260±131 ng/ml, p<0.05), serum phosphorus(4.1±1.2 vs 5.0±1.3 mg /dl, p<0.05) than group II. 4) SA showed positive correlation with anion gap (r=0.43, p value=0.001), transferrin(r-0.41, p value=0.001) phosphorus(r=0.31, p value=0.001) and negative correlation with 24-hr dialysate protein loss(r=-0.51, p value=0.001), 24-hr D/PCr ratio(r=-0.49, p value=0.001), comorbidity score(r=-0.36, p vluue=0.001). NPCB(r=0.22, p vaiue=0.023), IGF-1(r=0.30, p value=0.002), BUN(r=0.23, p ualue=0.016) weakly correlated with SA. 5) By stepwise multiple logistic regression analysis, age, CRP, 24-hr D/PCr ratio and RBF independently influenced SA level. Conclusion: SA level seems to be affected by non-nutritional factors such as age, peritoneal membrane transport characteristics, residual renal function and presence of acute phase protein response manifested by CRP elevation, in addition to nutritional factors.
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kang, Shin Wook(강신욱) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5677-4756
Choi, Kyu Hun(최규헌) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0095-9011
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/176282
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links