19 49

Cited 0 times in

임상검체에서의 혐기성 세균 분리 추세

Other Titles
 Trends of Anaerobic Bacteria Isolated from Clinical Specimens 
Authors
 신혜정  ;  김명숙  ;  이경원  ;  정윤섭 
Citation
 Korean Journal of Clinical Pathology (대한임상병리학회지), Vol.19(1) : 70-77, 1999 
Journal Title
 Korean Journal of Clinical Pathology (대한임상병리학회지) 
ISSN
 1015-6445 
Issue Date
1999
Keywords
Anaerobic bacteria ; Bacteroides fragilis ; Peptostreptococcus magnus ; Mixed infection
Abstract
Background :Anaerobic bacteria constitute a major part of the normal flora of the human skin, mucous membrane and intestinal tract, and can cause various infections. The incidence of anaerobic infections may differ greatly, depending on each country or hospital. Method :We evaluated the recent trends of anaerobic bacteria isolated from clinical specimens at Severance Hospital from 1986 to 1995. Specimens were cultured using thioglycollate medium and phenylethanol blood agar (PEBA) for 2-3 days under anaerobic condition. Identification of organism was based on conventional or commercial kit systems. Result :During this period, a total of 2,664 isolates of anaerobic bacteria were obtained from 2,251 clinical specimens. The average number of anaerobes per specimen was 1.2. The frequent sources of isolation were specimens from the abdomen, followed by soft tissue, and head and neck. B. fragilis (46.3%) was the most frequently isolated gram-negative bacilli, and P. magnus (37.6%) and C. perfringens (18.8%) were the most frequently isolated gram-positive anaerobes. Abdominal, soft tissue, and head and neck infections were frequent clinical conditions. Among the anaerobe-positive specimens, only 16.8% yielded anaerobe alone while the remaining 83.2% revealed mixed infection with aerobic bacteria. Conclusion :It was concluded that B. fragilis is the most common species among gram-negative bacilli, and that P. magnus is the most common among gram-positive cocci. As well, the anaerobes are frequently isolated from specimens of the abdomen, head and neck, and soft tissue; and anaerobic infections are commonly mixed with aerobic bacteria.
Files in This Item:
T199902790.pdf Download
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Laboratory Medicine (진단검사의학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Lee, Kyungwon(이경원) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3788-2134
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/174228
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links