35 56

Cited 0 times in

Statin Use is Associated with Decreased Hepatocellular Carcinoma Recurrence in Liver Transplant Patients

Authors
 Yongin Cho  ;  Myoung Soo Kim  ;  Chung Mo Nam  ;  Eun Seok Kang 
Citation
 Scientific Reports, Vol.9(1) : 467, 2019 
Journal Title
 Scientific Reports 
Issue Date
2019
Abstract
Statins have been reported to prevent the development of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). We examined whether statin therapy is associated with decreased HCC recurrence in patients who underwent liver transplantation for HCC. Three hundred forty-seven patients ≥ 20 years old who underwent liver transplantation for HCC from 2006 to 2016 were enrolled in this study. Statin therapy was defined as the administration of statins for more than 30 days after liver transplantation. One hundred twelve (32.3%) patients treated with statins over 30 days were defined as the statin group, and the remaining 235 (67.7%) were defined as the non-statin group. Several risk factors reported to be associated with HCC recurrence, such as proportion of underlying liver disease, above Milan criteria, differentiation of HCC, vascular invasion, and preoperative alpha-fetoprotein level were not different between the two groups. Time-dependent Cox regression analysis showed that statin treatment was associated with significantly lower recurrence risk of HCC after adjusting for other risk factors (hazard ratio = 0.32, 95% CI = 0.11-0.89).
Files in This Item:
T201900378.pdf Download
DOI
10.1038/s41598-018-38110-4
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Surgery (외과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Preventive Medicine and Public Health (예방의학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
강은석(Kang, Eun Seok) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0364-4675
김명수(Kim, Myoung Soo) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8975-8381
남정모(Nam, Jung Mo) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0985-0928
조용인(Cho, Yong In) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4645-816X
Export
RIS (EndNote)
XLS (Excel)
XML
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/167438
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse