118 245

Cited 0 times in

직장암 수술 후 골반 내 국소재발의 분류와 예후

Other Titles
 Local Pelvic Recurrence after Curative Resection of the Rectal Cancer: Classification and Prognosis 
Authors
 박재균  ;  김남규  ;  백승혁  ;  이강영  ;  손승국  ;  조장환 
Citation
 Journal of the Korean Society of Coloproctology (대한대장항문학회지), Vol.21(2) : 82-88, 2005 
Journal Title
 Journal of the Korean Society of Coloproctology (대한대장항문학회지) 
ISSN
 2287-9714 
Issue Date
2005
MeSH
Rectal cancer ; Local pelvic recurrence ; Classification ; Prognosis
Keywords
Rectal cancer ; Local pelvic recurrence ; Classification ; Prognosis
Abstract
Purpose: The management of local recurrence after curative surgery of the rectal cancer remains difficult clinical problems to surgeons. This study was performed to analyze the outcomes of patients with local pelvic recurrence according to its recurrence type. Methods: A total 109 patients with local recurrence were evaluated. Among the 109 patients 62 were local recurrence alone and 47 were both local and systemic recurrence. The recurrence type was classified as Central, Anterior, Posterior, Lateral and Perineal recurrence according to the relation of the tumor location and either intra pelvic organ and/or fixed pelvic structure. Results: Only 26 (23.9%) of the 109 patients had curative resection and the remaining 83 (76.1%) patients had palliative exploration or nonsurgical procedure. The resectability according to the recurrence type showed that the Central and Anterior type was higher than other type of recurrences (P=0.001). When the primary operation was Abdominoperineal Resection (APR) the resectability was poorer than Low Anterior Resection (LAR) (P=0.0001). When comparing the patients with local recurrence alone, the 5 year survival rate was significantly higher patients treated by curative resection than palliative or non-resection group (P=0.002). Mean follow up period was 44.2±30.0 months and mean recurrence time between primary operation and recurrence was 26.0±22.7 months. Conclusions: Resection for central type of the recurrent is potentially curative, however treatment failure was common when the recurrence invaded fixed pelvic structure. Our data suggest that local pelvic recurrence should be treated with radical resection as can as possible.
Files in This Item:
T200500604.pdf Download
DOI
OAK-2005-03856
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Surgery (외과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kim, Nam Kyu(김남규) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0639-5632
Park, Jea Kun(박재균)
Baik, Seung Hyuk(백승혁) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4183-2332
Sohn, Seung Kook(손승국)
Lee, Kang Young(이강영)
Cho, Chang Hwan(조장환)
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/150890
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links