22 768

Cited 0 times in

한국인 뒤시엔느형 및 베커형 근디스트로피에서 디스트로핀 유전자의 결손 분석

Other Titles
 Dystrophin gene deletion pattern in Korean patients with Duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophy 
Authors
 강성웅 
Department
 Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine (재활의학교실) 
Issue Date
1995
Description
의학과/박사
Abstract
[한글]

한국인 뒤시엔느형 및 베커형 근디스트로피에서 디스트로핀 유전자의 결손 분석 뒤시엔느(Duchenne)형 및 베커(Becker)형 근디스트로피는 진행성 근력약화를 일으키는 성염색체 열성 유전 질환으로서, 현재까지는 완치시킬수 있ㄴ는 치료방법이 없기 때문에 병의 발생을 예방하기 위한 산전진단과 보인자 진단이 매우 중요하다. 그러나 아직 우리나라에서는 뒤시엔느형 및 베커형 근디스트로피를 유발하는 유전자 변이에 대한 정확한 분석도 되어있지 않아 적절한 유전상담에 어려움이 있다.

본 연구에서는 한국인 환자에서 디스트로핀(dystrophin) 유전자 변이 중 가장 빈도가 높은 유전자 결손 양상을 분석하여 결손을 찾아내는 효율적인 방법을 모색하고 유전상담의 기초자료를 마련하고자, 임상적으로 뒤시엔느형 혹은 베커형 근디스트로피가 의심되는 82명의 환자를 대상으로 검사를 실시하였다. 결손 빈도가 높은 유전자 부위에 해당하는 19쌍의 시발체(primer)를 사용한 중합효소 연쇄반응으로 유전자 결손 부위를 일차 검색하고, 중합효소 연쇄반응에서 결손이 나타나지 않은 환자에서는 추가로 디스트로핀 유전자 complementary deoxyribonucleic acid(cDNA) subclone 4-5a probe를 이용한 Southern hybridization밥업으로 유전자 결손 유무를 검색하여 다음과 같은 결과를 얻었다.

1. 중합효소 연쇄반응에서 디스트로핀 유전자의 결손은 43명의 환자에서 발견되었으며, 형제가 같이 검사를 실시한 2가계의 형제간에는 동일한 유전자 결손 양상을 보였다.

2. 가장 빈번하게 결손을 보였던 exon은, 19 가계 20명의 환자에서 증폭되지 않았던 49번 exon이었다. 한개의 exon이 결손된 경우가 27.9%(12/43)였으며, 두 개 이상의 exon이 결손된 경우가 72.1%(31/43)로서, 두 개 이상의 exon이 결손된 경우가 많았다. 또한 디스트로핀 유전자의 5' 근위부에서 결손의 보인 경우가 20.9$(9/43), 유전자 중간부에서 결손을 보인 경우가 79.1%(34/43)로서 유전자 중간부위에서의 결손이 높은 빈도로 나타났다.

3. 중합효소 연쇄반응에서 결손을 보이지 않았던 환자중 cDNA 4-5a probe를 이용하여 Southern hybridization을 실시한 20명의 환자에서는 결손이 발견되지 않았다

이러한 결과를 종합하여 볼 때, 뒤시엔느형 혹은 베커형 근디스트로피가 임상적으로 의심되는 환자중 최소한 50%의 환자에서는 조직 검사와 같은 침습적인 검사나 시간과 노력이 많이드는 Southern hybridization을 시행하지 않고도, 소량의 DNA로 분석이 가능하고

검사가 신속하고 단순한 중합효소 연쇄반응을 이용하여 확진이 가능하며, 이를 토대로 적절한 유전상담이 가능하다고 할 수 있겠다. 또한 유전자 결손 검색시에는 복합 중합효소 연쇄반응의 시발체의 조합 구성시 exon 17, 45, 49, 51에 대한 시발체를 포합하는 중합효

소 연쇄반응을 먼저 시행하고, 검사결과 결손이 발견되지 않을 경우 다른 exon에 대한 시발체를 사용하여 검사를 실시하며, 이러한 중합효소 연쇄반응에서 결손이 검색되지 않을 경우, cDNA probe를 이용한 Southern hybridzation을 시행하는 순서로 검사를 진행시켜

나가는 것이 검사의 효율성을 높일 수 있을 것으로 생각된다.

[영문]

Duchenne muscular dystrophy and Becker muscular dystrophy are X-linked, recessive disease characterized by progressive muscular weakness. Since they are serious disorders for which at present there is no effective treatment, a great deal of emphasis has been given to prevention. To date, however, no precise analysis is available on the mutation of dystrophin gene in Korean patients, thus it is difficult to provide proper genetic counselling.

In this study, we investigated the deletion pattern of dystrophin gene which is the most common couse of the mutation of the dystrophin gene to develop a effective strategy for detecting deletion and to provide a basic data for genetic counselling

in Korean patients. We analyzed DNA samples taken from 82 Korean patients from 90 families with clinical picture suspected to having Duchenne or Beckermuscular dystrophy using polymerase chain reaction with 19 pairs of primers and Southern hybridization with cDNA 4-5a probe.

1. At least one DNA fragment could not be amplified from the peripheral blood DNA of the 43 patients from 41 families by polymerase chain reaction. Two pairs of brothers showed same deletion pattern.

2. Exon 49 was the most frequently deleted(20 patients from 19 families). Only one of the 19 amplified fragment was deleted in 27.9%(12/43), more than 1 exon was deleted in the remaining 72.1%(31/43). Deletion were more grequent in central region(34/43) than in the 5' terminal region(9/43).

3. Additional deletion was not found by the Southern hybridization using cDNA 4-5a probe in the patients whom deletion in polymerase chain reaction could not be found.

According to eh above results, we can eliminate the need for invasive, expensive, and time consuming procedure such as biopsy or Southern hybridization for about half of patients suspected to having duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophy, The use of multiplex polymerase chain reaction encompassing the primer pairs correspinding to the exon 17, 45, 49, and 51 would have detected 76.7%(33/43) deletions found in Korean patients. With this observation, our approach to detect deletion will initially be the polymerase chain reaction including the primers of the exon 17, 45, 49, and 51. When a deletion is not found in them, the remaining patients were examined with the rest pairs of primers. If no deletion was found in polymerase chain reaction, then the Southern hybridization with cDNA probe will be carried out.
Full Text
https://ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/catalog/search/book-detail/?cid=CAT000000008092
Files in This Item:
제한공개 원문입니다.
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine (재활의학교실) > 3. Dissertation
Yonsei Authors
Kang, Seong Woong(강성웅) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7279-3893
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/118230
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links