21 1042

Cited 0 times in

매독환자의 뇌척수액 검사소견

Other Titles
 C S F Examination in syphilitics 
 Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학교실) 
 Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학교실) 
Issue Date
[한글] 매독은 때때로 맥관계, 중추신경계 또는 골격계등의 태부장기를 침범하여 불가역적인 손상을 초래할 수 있다. 중추신경계의 침범은 다행히 뇌척수액 검사로써 조기에 진단할 수 있으므로 모든 매독환자에서의 뇌척수액 검사는 반드시 필요하다. 기본적인 뇌척수액 검사로서 백혈구수 및 총단백양즉정과 뇌척수액 매독혈청 검사를 시행해야 한다. 뇌척수 액 매독혈청검사중 VDRL검사는 매우 특이성이 높으나 감수성이 낮고 FTA검사나 FTA-ABS검 사는 감수성은 매우 높으나 특이성이 VDRL검사보다 낮은 단점이 있다. 백혈구수와 총단백 양은 매독의 활동성 유무를 나타내며 적절한 치료후에는 비교적 빨리 정상으로 회복된다. 그러나 이 검사들로도 신경매독의 활동성 유무를 정확히 판정하기 어려운 경우가 많으며 이런 경우 뇌척수액의 면역화학적 검사가 도움이 될 수 있다고 한다. 저자들은 1979년 6월1일부터 198O년 5월31일까지 연세의대 부속 세브란스병원에서 혈청 VDRL 및 FTA-ABS검사로 매독으로 진단된 환자중 뇌척수액 검사가 가능했던 148명의 환자 를 대상으로 뇌척수액 검사를 시행하여 신경매독의 발생빈도, 뇌척수액 VDRL검사와 FTA-A BS검사의 특이성 및 감수성과 신경매독환자 및 일반매독환자에서의 혈청 VDRL역가등을 조 사하여 다음과 같은 결과를 얻었다. 1. 현증신경매독환자는 3명(2.0%)이었고 활동성 무중후성신경매독환자는 11명(7.5%)으 로 총 14명(9.5%)이 신경매독환자로 진단되었다. 그러나 현증신경매독환자를 제외한 145 명의 매독환자에서 아직 신경증세를 나타내지 않고 있는 활동성 무증후성 신경매독환자가 11명으로서 7.6%의 높은 비율을 보이고 있다. 2. 뇌척수액 매독혈청검사에서 특이성은 VDRL이 94.6%로 FTA-ABS의 88.8%보다 높았으나 감수성은 VDRL이 85.7%로 FTA-ABS의 100.0%보다 낮았다. 3. 신경매독환자는 혈청 VDRL 역가가 높은 환자에서 그 빈도가 많았다. 4. 신경매독이 아닌 일반매독환자에서 혈청 VDRL 역가가 높을수록 뇌척수액 FTA-ABS 검 사 위양성율이 높았다. 이상의 결과로 보아 혈청검사상 매독으로 진단된 환자에서는 혈청 VDRL역가와 관계없이 반드시 뇌척수액 검사를 실시하여 활동성 무증후성신경매독의 유무를 확인해야 할 것으 로 사료되며 신경매독의 정확한 진단과 치유판정을 위해서는 뇌척수액에서 특이성과 감수 성이 높은 FTA-ABS-IgM검사 및 IgM, α^^2 -macroglobulin과 이외에 다른 면역글로브린을 측정하는 연구가 계속되어야 될 것으로 생각된다.
[영문] Syphilis may be a fatal or seriously disabling disease causing irreversible damage to the cardiovascular, central nervous, or musculoskeletal systems. Fortunately, invasion of the central nervous system can be demonstrated early in the course of the disease by examination of the CSF. It is, therefore, essential that the CSF is investigated in every patient in whom the diagnosis of syphilis is suspected. For proper evaluation of the CSF, three essential tests must always be carried out on the CSF, namely a cell count, total protein determination, and a serologic test. The most useful CSF serologic test is the qualitative and quantitative VDRL test and it is concerned with the specificity of the infection. Some workers recommend CSF-FTA test or CSF-FTA-ABS test as a confirmatory test of neurosyphilis, but their diagnostic value remains unproved. The cell count and protein level are reflections of the activity of the process and they are the first to return to normal after successful treatment. But these tests may be inadequate in some individuals for assessing activity of neurosyphilis. Therefore, the use of immunochemical studies of CSF may be indicated to determine in such cases. The present study is undertaken to evaluate the incidence of neurosyphilis, the specificity and sensitivity of CSF-VDRL and CSF-FTA-ABS, and serum VDRL titer in neurosyphilitics and nonneurosyphilitics, and is carried out on samples of CSF from 148 patients with reactive serum FTA-ABS test at the Severance Hospital, Yonsei University, College of Medicine, from June 1, 1979 to May 31, 1980. The results are summarized as follows: 1. The incidence of neurosyphilis among 148 syphilitics is as follows; the symptomatic neurosyphilitics were 3 cases(2.0%) (tabes dorsalis 1, general paresis 2). the active asymptomatic neurosyphilitics were 11 cases (7.5%), and the total number of neurosyphilitics were 14 cases(9.5%). 2. The specificity of CSF-VDRL test was higher (94.6%) than that CSF-FTA-ABS test (88.8%), and the sensitivity of the CSF-FTA-ABS test was higher (100.0%) than that of the CSF-VDRL(85.7%). 3. Among the neurosyphilitics, the number of the patients with high serum VDRL titer(>1:8) was more than that with low serum VDRL titer(<1:4). 4. Among the nonneurosyphilitics, the incidence of the false reactive CSF-FTA-ABS test was higher in patients with high serum VDRL titer(>1:8) than in those with low serum VDRL titer(<1:4). From the above findings, this study provide evidence that CSF should be investigated in every syphilitic without regarding to serum VDRL titers. Again, investigators should continue to search for a more proper diagnosis of neurosyphilis and follow up after treatment, using CSF-FTA-IgM test and determining IgM, alpha^^2 -macroglobulin and other immunoglobulins in CSF.
Full Text
Files in This Item:
제한공개 원문입니다.
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Dermatology (피부과학교실) > 2. Thesis
Yonsei Authors
Kim, Soo Chan(김수찬) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2327-4755
사서에게 알리기


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.