188 282

Cited 0 times in

대장-직장암의 간전이에서 FDG PET과 MRI의 진단 성능

Other Titles
 Diagnostic Accuracy of PET and MR for Detecting Liver Metastasis from Colorectal Cancer 
Authors
 박은경  ;  강원준  ;  어재선  ;  이동수  ;  정준기  ;  이명철 
Citation
 NUCLEAR MEDICINE AND MOLECULAR IMAGING, Vol.40(5) : 249-256, 2006 
Journal Title
NUCLEAR MEDICINE AND MOLECULAR IMAGING(핵의학 분자영상)
ISSN
 1869-3474 
Issue Date
2006
Keywords
fluorodeoxyglucose ; positron emission tomography ; colon cancer ; liver metastasis ; magnetic resonance
Abstract
Purpose: Although computed tomography (CT) is widely used for diagnosing liver metastasis from colorectal cancer, diagnostic accuracy of CT is not satisfactory. Magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and F-18 FDG PET has been reported to be superior to CT. However, studies on direct comparison of PET and MR are scarce. We compared the diagnostic accuracy of FDG PET and MR in detecting liver metastasis from colorectal cancer.
Materials and Methods: Among 363 colorectal cancer patients who underwent F-18 FDG PET (ECAT, Siemens-CTI, Knoxville; Gemini, Philips, Milpitas, U.S.), 26 patients (M:F=17:9, age=$62{\pm}11$) underwent MR to evaluate suspicious metastatic liver lesions. Finally, 35 liver lesions detected by CT from 26 patients were enrolled for analysis. PET and MR results were compared with pathologic reports, clinical findings or follow-up results.
Results: Of the 35 lesions, 18 lesions (51.4%) were diagnosed as liver metastases, while remaining 17 (48.6%) as benign. The sensitivity and the specificity of PET were 94.4% and 94.1%, respectively, compared to 100% and 82.4% for MR. MR and PET was concordant in 30 lesions (85.7%: 17 metastatic (94.4%) and 13 benign (76.5%) lesions. ROC curve analysis revealed maximal SUV of 3.1 as the optimum standard in differentiating metastatic from benign liver lesions (AUC=0.897, p<0.001, sensitivity 83.3%, specificity 94.1%). For small lesions less than 1 cm ln diameter (n=20), diagnostic accuracy of PET was comparable to that of MR.
Conclusion: F-18 FDG PET showed good diagnostic performance in detecting liver metastasis from colorectal cancer, which was comparable to MR.
Files in This Item:
T200604530.pdf Download
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Nuclear Medicine (핵의학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kang, Won Jun(강원준) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2107-8160
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/111002
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links