3 722

Cited 0 times in

악안면 기형의 상하악골 전후방적 위치관계에 대한 McNamara Analysis와 Delaire Analysis의 기준선 비교연구

Other Titles
 Comparative Analysis of the Reference Lines on McNamara`s and Delaire`s Analyses for the Anterior and Posterior Facial Relationship of Maxillofacial Deformity 
Authors
 Seung Won Chung  ;  So Mi Kim  ;  Sung Soo Byun  ;  Hyung Sik Park  ;  Young Soo Jung 
Citation
 Journal of Korean Association Maxillofacial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery (대한악안면성형재건외과학회지), Vol.33(4) : 331-336, 2011 
Journal Title
Journal of Korean Association Maxillofacial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery(대한악안면성형재건외과학회지)
ISSN
 1225-4207 
Issue Date
2011
Keywords
McNamara analysis ; Delaire analysis
Abstract
Purpose: McNamara and Delaire analyses are two commonly used analytic methods, yet, they differ in their theoretic concepts and different reference lines are used for ideal surgical prediction. Therefore, the use of different analytic methods may result in different surgical plans. The purpose of this study was to compare the anterior and posterior relationship of the maxilla and mandible by using McNamara and Delaire analysis. Methods: 30 Korean patients (15 male and 15 female) who had visited the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, for dentofacial evaluation were studied by using McNamara``s and Delaire``s analyses. Results: On the maxillary analysis, 26 out of 30 patients (86.7%) were in accordance. On the mandibular analysis, 20 out of 30 patients (66.7%) were in accordance. On the maxillary analysis, McNamara``s analysis showed an average of 0.36 mm greater amount of prognathism compared to Delaire``s analysis, and this was not statistically significant. On the mandibular analysis, McNamara``s analysis showed an average of 6.03 mm greater amount of prognathism compared to Delaire``s analysis, and this was statistically significant. On the mandibular analysis, 26 out of 30 patients (86.7%) showed a greater amount of prognathism on McNamara``s analysis compared to that of Delaire``s analysis. The remaining 4 patients (13.3%) showed the same amount of prognathism on both analyses. Conclusion: These results may serve as a reference for surgeons when determining which analytic method is to be used for optimal surgical results
Full Text
http://kiss.kstudy.com/journal/thesis_name.asp?tname=kiss2002&key=2933771
Appears in Collections:
2. College of Dentistry (치과대학) > Dept. of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (구강악안면외과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
Yonsei Authors
Kim, So Mi(김소미)
Park, Hyung Sik(박형식)
Chung, Seung Won(정승원)
Jung, Young Soo(정영수) ORCID logo https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5831-6508
URI
https://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/93945
사서에게 알리기
  feedback

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse

Links