0 23

Cited 0 times in

Altered systematic glucose utilization after gastrectomy: correlation with weight loss

DC FieldValueLanguage
dc.contributor.author구철룡-
dc.contributor.author김소영-
dc.contributor.author조응혁-
dc.contributor.author노성훈-
dc.contributor.author권인규-
dc.contributor.author김소영-
dc.contributor.author조응혁-
dc.contributor.author노성훈-
dc.contributor.author권인규-
dc.contributor.author김소영-
dc.contributor.author조응혁-
dc.contributor.author노성훈-
dc.contributor.author권인규-
dc.contributor.author김소영-
dc.contributor.author조응혁-
dc.contributor.author노성훈-
dc.contributor.author권인규-
dc.contributor.author김소영-
dc.contributor.author조응혁-
dc.contributor.author노성훈-
dc.contributor.author권인규-
dc.date.accessioned2020-09-30T16:42:55Z-
dc.date.available2020-09-30T16:42:55Z-
dc.date.issued2020-07-
dc.identifier.issn1550-7289-
dc.identifier.urihttps://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/179589-
dc.description.abstractBackground: Although gastrectomy induces weight loss and improves glucose homeostasis, the mechanism is not clearly elucidated. Objective: Weight loss after gastrectomy for gastric cancer may be the result from not only altered nutrition absorption but also systematic endocrinologic changes after bariatric-like surgery. No clinical studies have evaluated the altered glucose metabolism associated with postoperative weight loss in gastric cancer patients. Setting: A retrospective analysis of a tertiary medical center. Methods: We evaluated changes in 18 F-fluorodeoxyglucose uptake on positron emission tomography/computed tomography and weight change in patients who underwent gastrectomy. Participants comprised initially overweight (body mass index ≥23 kg/m2), who underwent 18 F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography at 6 to 12 months after gastrectomy for early gastric cancer (n = 149). Small bowel, subcutaneous white adipose tissue (WAT), and skeletal muscle glycolysis were semiquantified using positron emission tomography/computed tomography. Measures were bifurcated or combined into values that correlated with ≥5% weight loss. Results: Weight (median decrement, -3.3 kg), cholesterol level (-15 mg/dL), and body fat (-26.1%) significantly decreased after surgery. Substantial weight loss was significantly correlated with increased small bowel uptake of 18 F-fluorodeoxyglucose (≥5% weight loss versus <5% weight loss: 1.91 versus 1.69). Patients with an increased bowel uptake showed an increase in WAT uptake (P = .01). Patients with both increased small bowel and WAT uptakes were significantly correlated with weight loss (odds ratio: 9.67, 95% confidence interval 2.65-35.22). Conclusions: Patients with increased small bowel glycolysis and increased WAT uptake after gastrectomy are likely to lose weight. Altered glucose distribution contributes to improvement of the metabolic parameter after gastrectomy. We have shown evidence of bariatric surgery-like endocrinologic changes in gastric cancer patients who underwent gastrectomy.-
dc.description.statementOfResponsibilityrestriction-
dc.languageEnglish-
dc.publisherElsevier-
dc.relation.isPartOfSURGERY FOR OBESITY AND RELATED DISEASES-
dc.rightsCC BY-NC-ND 2.0 KR-
dc.titleAltered systematic glucose utilization after gastrectomy: correlation with weight loss-
dc.typeArticle-
dc.contributor.collegeCollege of Medicine (의과대학)-
dc.contributor.departmentDept. of Internal Medicine (내과학교실)-
dc.contributor.googleauthorArthur Cho-
dc.contributor.googleauthorIn Gyu Kwon-
dc.contributor.googleauthorSoyoung Kim-
dc.contributor.googleauthorSung Hoon Noh-
dc.contributor.googleauthorCheol Ryong Ku-
dc.identifier.doi10.1016/j.soard.2020.03.003-
dc.contributor.localIdA00201-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA05460-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA03887-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA01281-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.contributor.localIdA00243-
dc.relation.journalcodeJ03894-
dc.identifier.eissn1878-7533-
dc.identifier.pmid32312683-
dc.identifier.urlhttps://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550728920301192-
dc.subject.keyword(18) F-fluorodeoxyglucose-
dc.subject.keywordGastrectomy-
dc.subject.keywordObesity-
dc.subject.keywordSmall bowel-
dc.contributor.alternativeNameKu, Cheol Ryong-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor구철룡-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor김소영-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor조응혁-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor노성훈-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.contributor.affiliatedAuthor권인규-
dc.citation.volume16-
dc.citation.number7-
dc.citation.startPage900-
dc.citation.endPage907-
dc.identifier.bibliographicCitationSURGERY FOR OBESITY AND RELATED DISEASES, Vol.16(7) : 900-907, 2020-07-
Appears in Collections:
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Internal Medicine (내과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Nuclear Medicine (핵의학교실) > 1. Journal Papers
1. College of Medicine (의과대학) > Dept. of Surgery (외과학교실) > 1. Journal Papers

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.