Cited 0 times in

경추 전방 잠금식 금속판이 장기적으로 경추에 미치는 영향

Title
 경추 전방 잠금식 금속판이 장기적으로 경추에 미치는 영향
Other Titles
 Long-term Effects on the Cervical Spine after Anterior Locking Plate Fixation
Authors
 김근수
Issue Date
2001
Journal Title
 Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society (대한신경외과학회지)
ISSN
 1225-8245
Citation
 Journal of Korean Neurosurgical Society (대한신경외과학회지), Vol.30(4) : 493~500, 2001
Abstract
Objective:Anterior cervical locking plates are the devices for achieving anterior cervical spinal fusion. This study was conducted to evaluate the locking plate system regarding its long-term advantages and disadvantages in the view of interbody fusion rate, hardware-related failures, vertebral change close to the fusion segment and postoperative complications. Method:Eight-six patients, operated from Jan., 1996 to Jun. 1998, were followed-up for more than two years. All of the cases were fused with iliac bone graft and ORION locking plate(Sofamor Danek USA, Inc., Memphis, TN) fixation. The patients were discharged or transferred to rehabilitation department 2-7 days after operation. A comprehensive evaluation of the interbody fusion state, instrument failure, vertebral change and postoperative complications were made by direct interview and cervical flexion-extension lateral plain films. Results:There were 55 male and 31 female with a mean age of 45 years(18-75 years). The mean follow-up period was 29 months(24-43 months). Various disorders that were operated were 40 cervical discs, 6 cervical stenosis including OPLL, 2 infections, and 38 traumas. Fusion level was single in 59 cases, two levels of each disc space in 15 cases, and two levels after one corpectomy in 12 cases. There was no instrument failure. Pseudoarthrosis was observed in two cases(2%) without radiological instability. The other patients(98%) showed complete cervical fusion with stable instrument. Mild settling of interbody graft with upward migration of screws was found in 12 cases(14%). Anterior bony growth at the upper segment was found in 5 cases(6%). Postoperative foreign body sensation or dysphagia was observed in 12 cases(4%), and disappeared within one month in 7 cases and within six months in 4 cases. One patient complained for more than six months and required reoperation to remove paraesophageal granulation tissue. Conclusion:The results show that Orion cervical locking plate has some disadvantages of upward migration of screws, anterior bony growth at the upper segment, or possibility of esophageal compression even though it has advantages of high interbody fusion rate or low instrument failure. Author believe that anterior cervical locking plate in the future should be thinner, and should have short end from the screw hole, and movable screw with adequate stability.
URI
http://ir.ymlib.yonsei.ac.kr/handle/22282913/142240
Appears in Collections:
1. 연구논문 > 1. College of Medicine > Dept. of Neurosurgery
Yonsei Authors
사서에게 알리기
  feedback
Files in This Item:
T200101868.pdfDownload
Export
RIS (EndNote)
XLS (Excel)
XML

qrcode

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

Browse